Eternal Darkness Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eternal Darkness Forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Inserting Edits from other people (And maybe yourself) into your client. (65% Completion)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
#14UltimateDark

#14UltimateDark

Inserting Edits from other people (And maybe yourself) into your client. (65% Completion) Empty
PostSubject: Inserting Edits from other people (And maybe yourself) into your client. (65% Completion)   Inserting Edits from other people (And maybe yourself) into your client. (65% Completion) EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 10:58 am

Ok, I've been getting complaints about people being unable to insert new edits into their own clients. Well, here's an explanation on how to insert your new files into an old client.

Textures: Textures usually go into the c3 folder, but there are some in the data folder. Weapon textures go into Client/c3/textures. This also applies to pets and mounts, including NPCs I believe. Interface files can go into Client/c3/effect and includes the composing DNA-like effect when you star up, the thunder effect, and the evolution effect. There, you can do other things like edit the Nobility effects, even change the little sign that shows up when you compose from 20*-100*.

Models: Models are the basis of the game. Weapons, NPCs, even your character's mesh model is basically using .c3 files. Weapons go into Client/c3/weapon. Your characters mesh belongs to Client/c3/mesh. Your mount's mesh is in the horse folder.

Wings: These files have their own folder, considering the Paladin was just recently added (But not too recently), anything related to wings goes in Client/Paladin3. If you have a DNP extractor from ElitePvpers, you can get the rest of the files from Paladins 1, 2, 3 and 5. Those files contain armor meshes, weapon meshes and textures, and more wing stuffs.

Data edits: For some who downloaded my Edit Pack 2, you got a new status bar, correct? That's inside the data folder. The data folder houses the client pictures and other things that make the client look the way it does. It holds egg pictures from composing or just picking up an egg to move it. This folder also houses the Autopatch pictures, and in the Client/data/main folder, houses the menu bar and the Login.dat file (Which I am editing now.)

That's basically it, by the way this is an evolving guide and will be updated as I learn more about the client.

Thanks and happy editing!

UltimateDark
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/ultimatedark/uddaa
vegafire[MoD]
vegafire[MoD]

Inserting Edits from other people (And maybe yourself) into your client. (65% Completion) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inserting Edits from other people (And maybe yourself) into your client. (65% Completion)   Inserting Edits from other people (And maybe yourself) into your client. (65% Completion) EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 4:13 pm

Nice Guide 9/10 from me
Back to top Go down

Inserting Edits from other people (And maybe yourself) into your client. (65% Completion)
Page 1 of 1